Wasaga under Siege - Ships and Sails
Join us in commemorating the 205th Anniversary of the sinking of the HMS Nancy. British Naval re-enactors will transport you back to the War of 1812 with sailing vessel and weaponry demonstrations. Metro Marine modellers will display and sail “model ships” on the river. Children can enjoy model ship building, knot tying activities, and more! Come and learn about all things "Ships and Sails" at the 2019 Wasaga Under Siege event. For more information visit: www.wasagabeachpark.com
Visit Nancy Island Historic Site for a day of ships, sailors, cannons, and more! Experience the life of a sailor in 1812 and discover what life was like on a ship!
Cost: $2.00 per person; kids 12 and under FREE
- 1812 sailor and voyageur re-enactors
- cannon, musket, and cutlass demonstrations
- naval artefacts displays
- model ship displays and speakers presentation
- build-your-own model ship
- voyageur canoe rides
- rope and knot tying station
- sea shanties and folk music
- powder monkey run
- grog sampling (non-alcoholic)
- naval games and activities
- and much more!
Parking available at Nancy Island Historic Site parking lot. Bike Valet available at Nancy Island lot.
Food and refreshment stand will be on site during the event.